May 21, 2009

Mademoiselle Chanel

Lifetime movie on Coco Chanel, starring Shirley McLaine as the older Coco and young Coco is played by Barbara Bobulova. How did I miss this? In the beginning I couldn't take it seriously because Shirley McLaine was playing Coco, and I kept thinking about the movie Blast from the Past starring Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone, where Shirley McLaine was the mother of Brendan in the movie, and her character was hilarious. Anyways, if you're clueless about the great Mademoiselle Chanel this is a pretty good movie that explains her rise to fame and as well as the many men that influenced her to be as head strong and influential herself. I have yet to watch Audrey Tatou's French Version movie of Coco Chanel's Life, that is, I'm waiting for an english subtitled version. I'm falling in love with Chanel.
Now I'm just waiting for a 2.55 Chanel bag with a diamond ring. You know who you are :)

MOVIE

No comments: