April 04, 2009

First Photoshoot

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." -Coco Chanel

So, if you read my previous post, I mentioned that Saturday was going to be an ambitious day, and my friend, it was! And still is, because I still have homework to do. Anyways, I've met many talented people in Toronto already be it at school, work and even when I volunteered at LG fashion week. It's so amazing to be surrounded with individuals who are just as passionate about the industry I love so much. I met my friend Shirmah during the first couple weeks of school and right off the bat I noticed her amazing eyes. Shirmah previously worked in cosmetics for Lancome and not only does she have an eye for colour but she also constructs her own clothing. The second friend I met a little after Shirmah is Shelby, a shy and rather tall beauty. A couple of friends of mine were walking around campus and noticed some art work in the hallway, where we noticed a painting that looked like our friend Shelby. Low and behold, it was painted by Shelby and won first prize in the competition. Sneaky girl, but very modest. And so, the three of us came together and thought about putting a portfolio together with the help of one another. Shirmah, talented in cosmetic arts, Shelby, with an eye for photopraphy, and myself, to style.

Our first photoshoot, and it turned out pretty good. Here
are some of the shots we took today. We had a total of 12 looks, 4 each. These are my favourites. We didn't have a theme, we just expreimented today and pulled our favourite looks. Clothing and accessories is a compliation of all our wardrobes. Photos were shot in my apartment. Enjoy!












And a little extra, just cause it's my blog.
haha. Everything I'm wearing is my own except for the scarf I'm wearing in the second photo, which is Shelby's. (I might steal it from you.) We all decided that it's time to play dress up much more at school. I think this would be a fabulous idea seeing as we are fashion students, it's just that 8am classes are brutal and sometimes I just can't be bothered to wake up early enough to get dressed. It takes me an hour to get to school, why would I wake up at 5am to get ready when I can wake up 30 min before my bus comes? Ok, so these are all excuses. Shuttup. I'm religously checking the weather channel for a sunny warm day to poruse around downtown with some friends and take pictures. Damn wind.

No comments: